The Deacon Board
The Deacon Board
The Board of Deacons
(Acts 1:1-6, Timothy 3:8-13)
The Soul Saving Station Board of Deacons is composed of men, who have been chosen because they have consistently demonstrated spiritual maturity, integrity, and commitment to serving the Lord; His church; and God’s people. The Deacons are responsible for the overall spiritual management of our church, and serve in an advisory capacity to the Pastor, in all matters pertaining to the assembly, its spiritual life, and in the ministry of its ordinances. A Deacon’s ministry is first unto the Lord; and is subsequently carried out through service to the church, its pastor, and its people.
“Our deacons are here to serve YOU!”
The Board of Deacons is pleased to serve in the following capacities
· Stewardship: Responsible for the general welfare of the church, its pastor, and its people.
· Prayer Ministry: Cover our church, its pastor, its people, and our community in prayer.
· Communion Service: Assists in serving communion during worship services, and serving communion to those who are sick and shut-in.
· Baptism Ministry: Assists in baptisms and dedication of children
· Visitations: Visiting the sick in homes and hospitals
· Bereavement Aide: Serving families during times of bereavement
· Discipleship & New Members: Receives applications for new membership and assists the pastor in determining whether new-member candidates have met the requirements for membership as described in the church bylaws.
· Tithes & Offerings: Collection of monetary gifts to the church
· Property Maintenance: Maintains church building and grounds